1. Old caulk is removed.
2. An etching solution is applied to the surface. As the name implies, this solution etches the old surface allowing a permanent bond between the used and the new.
3. Wet sanding will help loosen and remove any build up on the old surface such as soap scum, grime, etc. And, it provides even more tooth for a permanent bond.
4. A thorough cleaning and tacking will remove any and all contaminants.
5. The surface is then masked off to avoid any over spray on items and surfaces in the immediate area. Drop cloths are used to cover floors, plastic is draped over mirrors and furniture when necessary. And, an air system is brought in for the removal of fumes.
6. The new surface is now ready to be sprayed in the following order. Bonding agent, Primer, finish, clear
7. Clean up and re-caulk.
This process produces the long lasting, sleek, new look we all desire.
CALL US FOR A FREE ESTIMATE.
e-mail us at: